Friday, August 21, 2015

It's A Girl

Our daughter-in-law had her ultrasound and now we know that our future grandchild is a girl.  It's A Girl!  As any grandparent ( or future grandparent) can tell you, any gender is more than fine.  But because we now know it is a girl, then that is the BEST kind of grandbaby!

I am not a only-pink-for-girls kind of person, but I thought there should be SOME pink things, as a celebration of knowing.  My babies were so big they didn't fit into any of the 3 month size clothes I received, washed and carefully placed in the dresser.  But you need SOMETHING to put on in case the baby is small or even average size.  So I bought some 3 month and 6 month size pink items, added a gift receipt and started making a card.

 

I used my Cricut machine and pulled up all they have on the It's A Girl theme.  There were a lot of ideas.  I chose this card.

 

I didn't make an envelope because I just placed the card inside the box.  The words that were cut from the card were too cute to throw away, so I glued them to some purple cardstock and sent them along, too.  Who knows?  They might want to put up a sign somewhere to announce their good fortune.

 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to you and Lee and to the parents-to-be of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! What an exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for a little girl. Such exciting news. I love the card you made and the extra "sign" as well. Can you make hair bows???

    ReplyDelete