Sunday, November 23, 2014

Changing Scarves

Yes, I know it isn't even Thanksgiving.  But I am still removing the Autumn decorations from the B&B.  For the next month we will have a lot of family visiting and then I have to go visit my mother in California.  We close the B&B when I am out of town, even when Lee stays here.  So we only have one weekend available for guests.

 

I recently placed a lamp in the bedroom of the B&B and had a rust colored napkin from Pier 1 under it.  That was the extent of my "decorating" in the bedroom.  We returned to Pier 1 and made another extravagant purchase of TWO napkins and a napkin ring made of small red bells.

 

I am going for Christmassy, yet subtle.  And I have no idea why HDTV hasn't called me to host a decorating show.  Really, they are missing out on GENIUS, here

I have one box of Autumn decorations in the storage area.  Now I have to determine how much of the Christmas decorations I want to put out.  We only have one more guest booked for this year.  They should get some Christmas decor along with their trip.

 

It used to be fun to put up Christmas decorations with the kids.  We would put on the Messiah and everyone got to put out the decorations they liked the best. 
Now it is just the two of us.  I need some grandchildren.  Do you have any extras?

2 comments:

  1. My kids are teenagers now and it ends up being just me putting up the decor! I get tired, so I know what you mean! lol Although, I am not ready for grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have any extra grandchildren, Rebecca. But the mother of the two we have (ages 3 and 8) is looking for someone to mind them weekends in Dec as she works retail. Shiuld we tell her yiu need to borrow them?

    ReplyDelete