Thursday, July 3, 2014

Scarf Addiction

I don't know what it is.  I decided to make a few scarves for family members as Christmas gifts.  In the past I have made afghans and they are a real time commitment.  I can only do one or two a year.

Last year I made a scarf for my favorite son-in-law.  It is amazing how fast they work up.  Especially compared to an afghan.  I thought I could make a bunch of scarves and that would be good.

Then I made three.  How satisfying to make three nice gifts with wonderful, soft, yarn.  It will keep them warm and cozy.  Oh, no, I thought.  I am going on a trip soon and staying with a friend.  I better make one for her.  Oh, no, I thought.  I am visiting my sister, also.  I haven't seen her in years.  I should take her a gift.  Oh, no, I thought.   I am also staying with my son and favorite daughter-in-law.  And then I am going to meet some of my very good friends for a meal while on my trip.

You see where this is going. 

 

The friend I am visiting in California hosts me almost every time I visit.  She has for years.  I found some fabulous variegated yarn that I thought she would love.  I know.  It is summer in California.  But she can save it for winter....when she travels...some place where it is cold.  Like HERE.

 

You knit this one with two strands of yarn at the same time.  It takes a little more concentration as you have to knit up two loops at a time and that is harder to do by feel.  You have to look.

 

Then it curled on the edges and I had to block it.  This involves getting it wet and laying it out the way you want it to dry.  It is really long.  I had to move it before it was time to feed the cats dinner.  I'm sure you can figure out why....

So now I have four made.  And enough yarn to make three more.  I don't think I am going to finish them all before I leave.  I thought scarves would be LESS stress!
 

1 comment:

  1. I like the yarn you chose. I know your recipients will be thrilled with their scarves!

    ReplyDelete